Privacy & Cookies
This privacy statement sets out how Laura Gravestock Jewellery ("we" "us" or "our"), who operate this web site located at www.lauragravestock.com ("Site"), use the information you give us. We may change this privacy statement at any time by posting such changes on the Site. Your continued use of the Site after notice of changes shall mean you have agreed to the new privacy statement.
We are committed to respecting your privacy. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. By using the Site you agree to this use.
By using our website you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device and access them when you visit the site in the future.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of information which is stored by your computer's hard drive by your web browser which tracks your movements within websites. Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but you are able to change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer, should you wish.
Please note that cookies cannot harm your computer and we do not store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies.
There are four types of cookies:
- Website functionality cookies - these cookies enable you to browse the website and use our features such as shopping baskets and wish lists.
- Website analytics cookies - we use these cookies to measure and analyse how our customers use the website. This allows us to continuously improve our website and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies - when browsing or shopping online, the website will remember preferences you make (for example your user name, language or location). This makes your browsing experience simpler, easier and more personal to you.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies - these cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. In addition, they limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as helping us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
You should be aware that this site may capture information about your visit which will help us improve the quality of our service, or may be used to present you with products which are relevant to your browsing history.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
We have provided this information to ensure that our customers are clear about their privacy when using our website but if would like any further information, please email us on email@example.com to request further assistance.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Laura Gravestock Jewellery collects personal information in several ways when you place an order or register for a service offered. By registering, you are consenting to the collection of your personal data. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and credit/debitcard billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfill your order. Card details are handled by our Payment Service Provider's systems and will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order.
- Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use your information for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- analysis purposes to develop and improve our products and services;
- to allow our representatives to follow up, either by e-mail, phone or mail, people who have purchased goods from our site as part of our customer care procedures;
- to administer any prize draws or competitions you might enter;
- from time to time, to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail, phone or mail;
- for the prevention and detection of fraud or if the law permits or compels us to disclose it or we otherwise have a duty to disclose it to a third party; or
- to pass to anyone whom we transfer our rights or obligations to under our Terms (such as subcontractors and couriers);
- we do not sell your details to third party marketing companies.
Who we share the information with and your choices
When you use this Site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your information for the purposes set out in this privacy statement.
We may pass information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purpose as set out above:
- to other divisions of Laura Gravestock Jewellery.
- to employees and agents of Laura Gravestock Jewellery to administer any accounts, goods/services provided to you by Laura Gravestock Jewellery now or in the future;
- to agents who profile your information to allow us to tailor the goods/services we offer to your needs; and
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other web site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.